Jump Rope Poem and Craft
Craft by: J. Davis
-construction paper (flesh colored- we used orange)
-one piece of construction paper (color of choice)
-printed poem (or you can hand write)
– clear tape
1. Write or paste a copy of the poem onto the construction paper.
2. Trace hands on flesh colored paper and cut out. Punch a hole at the top and bottom of each hand (you may have to make the holes a tad bigger depending on the size of your straw).
3. Cut off straw from bend up and toss that piece. Cut the remaining chunk of straw in half.
4. Cut about 18 inches of yarn, feed one end of the yarn through a straw piece and tie. Do the same with the other end of the yarn and the other piece of straw.
5. Feed one straw through the holes on each hand. Glue the hands onto each side of the poem paper. Secure the straws to the hand and the hand to the poem paper with a strip of clear tape.