created by: J. Davis
-light blue and white construction paper
-white computer paper
1. Cut 2 strips of construction paper about 1.5 inches wide along the length of the paper. Staple the two strips together end to end to create a hoop. Punch 4 evenly spaced holes around the top of the paper hoop to attach yarn for hanging.
2. Cut 4 pieces of yarn about 15 inches long. Tie one in each hole on the blue construction paper hoop. Once all 4 are tied gather the free end together and knot at the top.
3. Cut out 4 kite shapes from white construction paper. Decorate as you like. Punch a hole in the tope and bottom point on each kite.
4. Cut out about 5 small cloud shapes from the white computer paper. Glue on outside of blue hoop (use a cloud on each side to cover the staples).
5. Punch 4 holes randomly around the bottom edge of the blue hoop. Cut 4 more pieces of yarn at varying lengths and attach your 4 kites.
6. Cut more yarn to add tails to your kites!
Notes: This craft can be somewhat labor intensive for a small child so I suggest pre-cutting your yarn and shapes and allowing them to decorate the kites and attach all of the pieces together (you may need to help with the attaching step also).